Who doesn’t like yam balls especially if it has just a tiny bit of peppery effect in your mouth. The good part is it’s very easy to make with very little ingredients you can get at home.
- Yam ( Boiled)
- Dried ground pepper/ ata gigun for the yorubas
- Jollof seasoning ( you need just little of this and if you don’t have it not to worry)
- Magii ( a cube of magii is just right)
- You don’t need salt because your yam was boiled with salt.
- Chicken bits/ cray fish/ fish( this is to spice things up a bit)
Now that we know the ingredients needed let’s learn the steps involved
- Boil your yam with salt ( just boil you yam the way you would normally)
- Mash your yam into bits
- Add magii, crayfish, pepper, chicken, sprinkle little quantity of jollof seasoning.
- If you don’t have jollof seasoning you could use curry.
- Mix thoroughly.
- This would allow the seasoning to go round
- Whisk one egg in a bowl
- Pour flour in another bowl
- Mould your mashed yam into a ball, deep into egg and roll in flour.
- Deep fry your yam balls for very few minute, this is to avoid it from burning.
- If you realise your yam balls are burning, it could be because the oil is too hot . All you have to do is reduce the heat.
- Serve with a cold glass of Watermelon juice
Enjoy yam balls with ketchup and some eggs
Please like my Facebook page