what is wanke ?
Wanke is a ghanian rice and beans.
Ingredients needed for wanke
- Leaf of guinea corn. In my tribe its called kporo kporo baba leaf my mum says it’s the leaf that’s gotten from ogi baba plant. Anyway it’s pink/ wine in color. You can get this at a local market in Nigeria.
- Onions to make your beans soften quicker
- Rinse your beans
- Place in a clean pot and add water to it
- Add some sliced onions
- Boil beans for fifteen to twenty minute
- Wash/ parboil rice. I don’t parboil mine but you can do that to yours
- Add the rice to the pot
- Rinse the leaf and add to the pot
- Add more water if it’s required or the water is small
- Boil for another fifteen to twenty minute.
- Check if the rice and beans are edible and very soft
- Mould to desired shape
- Serve with wanke stew or shitto stew.
- Subscribe to get an update of when the stew gets posted
Hi please take a moment to fill this feedback form, thank you
Did you enjoy this? Then you may enjoy the next post.
- The Easiest Fruit salad recipe you should try out today
Fruit salad in my own dictionary simply means a mixture of fruits. Fruits salad is very healthy for everyone no matter the age. Since it’s a combination of different fruits, there are so many different vitamins you would derive from each fruit.
Growing up was so much fun for me, and one of my loveliest memories was my mum making fruit salad for me and my siblings. It was always so delicious and sugary, that as I sat down to write, I just decided I had to share this recipe with everyone.
Fruit Salad recipe
You may like
- How to make your cooking experience fun?
- Rice and beans; Alas a sad ending
- Yams; Sugar inside boiled yams!
- Fried spaghetti; Did the salt go on vacation?
- My Cooking Stories; Introduction