Wanke is a ghanian delicacy made with guinea corn leaves, rice and beans. To enjoy this perfect delicacy, wanke stew or shitto stew can be used. Though this delicacy has it’s specific recipe, you can still enjoy it with whatever stew you have at home.
- Scotch bonnet pepper/ata rodo
- Ginger and garlic
- Ground nut oil
- Wash your pepper, tomatoes and onions
- Peel your ginger and garlic
- Blend smoothly
- The water should cover half of what you want to blend
- Heat your pot to dry up
- Pour the ground nut oil in it. One of your kitchen spoon is enough
- Add the blended pepper
- Fry until all the water has dried up
- You can keep stirring to avoid it getting burnt
- Add Maggi and salt
- Stir and taste
- Serve with meat/fish/ponmo
To learn how to make Wanke
For more recipes
- How to make your cooking experience fun?
- Rice and beans; Alas a sad ending
- Yams; Sugar inside boiled yams!
- Fried spaghetti; Did the salt go on vacation?
- My Cooking Stories; Introduction