In my last post, I talked about, the secrets behind making an amazing boiled chicken. Today we shall be learning uses of chicken stock. I am sure you are as curious as a fish.
Firstly, what’s stock? Stock is the liquid generated when meat, bones, poultry, fish, or vegetables are boiled in water with spices like thyme and seasonings for several hours to extract their aroma.
What’s chicken stock? To me, Chicken stock is basically the liquid gotten after boiling chicken. There are other types of stock like fish stock which is the liquid you get after boiling fish, and meat stock the liquid in which the meat was boiled in.
Before we go on, I am sure you are enjoying this post and would like further updates from Rya’s kitchen, why not leave a comment about how much you enjoyed this posts, or you like our Facebook page by clicking this link https://www.facebook.com/Ryaskitchen/
Uses of chicken/fish/meat stockThe chicken stock has so many uses such as:
- It can be used to boil spaghetti either when making Jollof spaghetti or white spaghetti.
- It can be used to make fried rice, you can check our fried rice recipe by checking our menu
- It can be used in making Jollof rice, the jollof rice recipe can be seen on our menu too.
- It can be used in making macaroni.
- Fish stock is used in making fish roll, just add a little to your fish roll filling. The fish roll recipe is also on the menu.
- It can be used to make fried spaghetti.
- You can use it to boil more meat. For instance, you really enjoyed the last chicken you boiled, you would love to recreate it again, just use the chicken stock to boil your chicken and add salt if need be, most likely just a pinch of salt would be okay.
- It can be used to make stew. Chicken stew especially
- Meat stock can be used to make goat meat peppersoup
All these are uses of stock.
What do you use your chicken/fish/ turkey stock for?? Leave a comment so that we can discuss it.
Don’t forget to check the menu for fried rice, jollof rice, fried spaghetti, and fish roll recipes.