There’s a very funny story behind this recipe I am about to share. You may be wondering why this recipe is called pink brain cookies . Okay let me get to the story. If you are in a hurry please use the table of content to scroll down to the recipe, thank you.
Inspiration for my recipes do come from different places. It could be from a particular cook book, a particular movie or just walking on the street. This particular recipe was gotten from a doughnut cookies I saw at the supermarket.
My mum and I were shopping this particular morning, we got few things like know chicken cube, flour, butter among other stuffs. As I was about to pick this lovely digestive cookies I love so much, I saw this lovely cookies. My mind goes Oh My God! I can try this. So I began picturing how the cookies would look in my mind. I also used the amateurs-cooking-steps and when I was ready I baked them.
Pink brain cookies recipe
- 400 grams of flour
- 60 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- Red food coloring
- 2 Large eggs
- Strawberry flavour
400grams of flour
60grams of butter
100grams of sugar
Red food coloring
2 large eggs
Steps involved in pink brain cookies
- Whisk your eggs
- Beat your butter
- Add sugar to your butter and mix
- Add whisked eggs to it
- Add two drops of strawberry flavor
- Add a drop of red food coloring ( a drop would give you pink)
- If you are using a paste food coloring, use a tooth pick to touch the colour then dip the tooth pick in your mixture.
- Add your flour.
- Make sure your batter isn’t too hard or too soft
- Refrigerate for one hour
- Use your cookie cutter to cut your desired shape
- Mould your dough with your hand if you don’t have a cookie cutter
- To get a real brain form, create lines along the cut dough or use a cookie brain cutter
- Bake for 15minutes
- Enjoy with a cold Watermelon juice
Why pink brain cookies
Okay I wasn’t planning on calling this cookie brain cookies but my little sister and I looked at it and we thought well it’s pink like brains. The fact that watching pinky and the brains while growing up may also be considered a factor. Though I didn’t end up with the lovely cookies I saw at the market, I am still grateful for the inspiration. That’s how we got the name. If you have a better name for the recipe, kindly drop your comments. What inspires you? Leave a comment.