Turning leftover boiled yam into something amazing
We had been fasting since morning and it was getting closer to the time when we get to break our fast. My mum and I had gone to the kitchen to get dinner started but we didn’t know what to cook. We also had leftover boiled yam from our meal the previous day and we didn’t know what to do with it. We couldn’t throw it away but no one was going to eat leftover boiled yams, it just doesn’t taste nice and fresh. Then we had an idea we decided to try.
We got the yams from the freezer and while we waited for it to defrost we considered our options. Boiled slices of yam can be refurbished into an even delicious meal in several ways did u know that?
Foods you can make from left over boiled slices of yam
- Fried yam
- Yam porridge
- Yam balls
please take few minutes to take this survey..
- defrost your left over boiled slices of yam
- Place the slices of yam in a pot and add water to it. Make sure the water is just a little bit above the slices of yam.
- Boil for 2minute
- Pour the slices of yam in a seive
- Place the empty pot back on the fire
- Add two to three kitchen spoons of oil into the dry pot
- Add your tomato paste
- Grate onions into it
- Add pepper, curry, a cube of magii, crayfish (if u like), smoked fish ( if you want)
- Blend some scotch bonnet pepper/ rodo
- Pour into the mixture cooking and stir very well
- Mash your yams and Add it to the mixture
- Add as much water as u desire
- Cook for 6minute and taste
- Congratulations you just refurbished your leftover yam into something amazing