Learning how to make ofada stew is very easy especially if you already know How to cook ofada rice .Ofada stew is a local Nigerian stew made with offals majorly.
The ingredients required includes:
- Offals: Offals are edible internal organs of animal that are well seasoned and enjoyed in pepper soup or ofada stew. You can slice the offals into small chunks.
- Pepper: The pepper for this soup shouldn’t be smooth. It can be blended once to get that rough effect
- Palm oil: Your palm oil needs to be bleached. To do this, your have to heat your palm oil for a very long time. This method is actually a bit dangerous but be rest assured, all you have to do is place a whole ball of onions inside the palm oil.
- After bleaching the palm oil, take out the blackened onions and follow the recipe.
- A better way to bleach your palm oil is to firstly heat it for 6 minute, then you rest it for 6 minute and bleach again. That way your house doesn’t appear smoky.
- Magii and Salt: This depends on the quantity of pepper used. You should start with two cubes, taste then add more if need be.
- Iru: This is known as locust beans. It should be rinsed with water.
Steps to follow when Cooking ofada stew
- Bleach your palm oil
- Fry your offals for 10minute
- While your offals are frying, blend the pepper
- Using a spoon scoop the offals into a plate
- Pour the blended pepper into the pot
- Rinse your locust beans/ iru
- Add it to the pot
- Boil for 15minute
- Add the fried offals
- Add two cubes of magii and a pinch of salt
- Serve with ofada rice and Watermelon juice
Did you like this post? Then Subscribe to get daily and weekly updates of similar posts.