I love everything homemade because you make them right at home and you save cost. I would be teaching you how to make homemade Chin chin. I am sure you would enjoy reading and trying it out.
Ingredients needed for home made chin chin
- 1000grams of flour
- 150grams of butter
- 200grams of sugar
- 250mls of water
- one large egg
- one teaspoon of baking soda
- two teaspoon of nutmeg
Steps on how to make chin chin
- Mis en place: this means you should assemble all your ingredients on you work table.
- A work table is where you work basically.
- Get a large bowl: when I say get. Large bowl don’t get the one u use to wash clothes o🤣.
- I just mean a bowl large enough for your ingredients.
- measure and sieve your flour
- Sieving is very important because you don’t want to have lumps in your mixture.
- Measure and add your butter
- Rubbing-in: this just means rubbing your mixture to form a bread crumb appearance. I don’t mean add bread crumbs🤣.
- Add your nutmeg. If it’s the hard one you are using not the powder. Grate half of it.
- Add your baking soda
- Add your sugar
- mix well
- Make a well in the center
- Whisk your egg in a separate bowl
- Add your egg
- Add you water: I would advise you to add it little by little. You don’t want your mixture to be watery neither do you want it to be too hard
- Knead : this just involves you massaging the dough. PS I punch mine sometimes🙈🙈
- Rest your dough: you have finished stressing your dough. Great! It’s time you let it rest for like 1hr or 30minute
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface/tray/work table.
- You do that your so the dough doesn’t stick to the table
- cut some of your dough
- Sprinkle flour on your rolling pin/bottle
- Roll till it’s flat
- Heat your oil
- Drop three chin chins in it
- Watch to see if it turns very brown quickly , does it become black?, Does it take too long to become brown?
- If it’s too black then d oil is too hot
- Taking too long to get brown then it’s not hot enough
Did you enjoy this recipe? Then you should check this out