I love doughnuts because they taste extremely delicious. Three types of doughnuts can be made:
- Plain doughnut: plenty of sugar is added when making this doughnut and They are eaten plainly
- Sugary doughnuts; These doughnuts are made with little sugar but after frying, a large quantity of sugar is then sprinkled on it.
- Jam doughnuts: These doughnuts are my favorite, they are most times made without any hole in the middle, and jam is added after frying.
This recipe is a simple recipe that you can use to make any of the above-mentioned doughnuts.
Equipment: frying pan, spoon, seive, kitchen napkin
Doughnut recipe ingredients
- Nutmeg powder (optional)
- Oil preferably groundnut oil
- Test your yeast to see whether it is active. To do this, add a little quantity of yeast in a bowl and add warm water. If bubbles are formed, then the yeast is active.
- We check the activeness of the yeast because the yeast helps the dough to rise and an inactive yeast won’t do that therefore making your doughnuts flat.
- Pour your flour in a bowl and add some sugar
- Add nutmeg powder if you have any
- 100grams/ half a satchet of butter should be added to it and mix thoroughly
- Next, add your yeast and some water
- little quantity of water should be added at a time to prevent it from being watery
- In any event that your mixture is watery, more flour should be added.
- Your dough should be something you can roll in your hands and it shouldn’t stick to your fingers.
- place your dough/mixture in any covered container.
- The container should have enough room for it to rise.
- It should be tightly covered.
- Place your container under the sun for it to rise.
- If you are in a cold region, you should look for somewhere that’s a bit hot
- In any event that you couldn’t find a natural source of it, preheat your oven for 10minute, switch it off and place your dough/ mixture in it then cover it.
- Note: don’t switch on the oven while doing this and use a metal container for this.
- Natural source of heat i.e sun is the best
- Leave to rise for one or two hours
- Pour oil in a pot and heat it up
- Roll your dough and make a hole in the center
- Lastly, Fry your doughnut and enjoy
To achieve sprinkled sugar doughnuts, all you have to do is sprinkle sugar on it and enjoy.
For jam doughnut, drill a hole using a knife , use your spoon to fill doughnut into the hole.
For snacks click any of this link
sprinkle cookie recipe https://ryaskitchen.com.ng/sprinkles-cookie-recipe/
Check our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ryaskitchen/
Follow us on Instagram https://instagram.com/ryas_kitchen?igshid=y062i03gbs2m
Check our other recipes https://ryaskitchen.com.ng/home/
Check our shop https://ryaskitchen.com.ng/shop/
Fill our survey https://forms.gle/ga6riUqoPAFZrGgg6