Cabbage soup is something that can be tried out when you get tired of eating a particular stew everytime. This soup is very delicious, inexpensive and easy to prepare.
This recipe makes a pot of stew that can serve a family of three to four.
- Cabbage (half of it is enough)
- A bulb of onions
- 5 large Tomatoes/ 2tomato paste
- 4 pieces of Scotch bonnet pepper/ rodo for nigerians
- Groundnut oil
- Fish/meat/sardine(optional but it gives more taste to the food
Grater, spoon, knife, chopping board (optional), pot/ saucepan, blender/hand grater
- Grater your onions in a bowl
- Slice your cabbage into tiny bits/ shred your cabbage
- Blend your tomatoes with pepper adding a moderate amount of water to it. Make sure the pepper isn’t smoothly bended
- Place your pot/ sauce pan on the stove/ fire and pour two spoons of ground nut oil
- Pour some of the grated onions in the hot oil
- Add the blended pepper/ tomato paste if that’s all u have. Note; that u can use both if u choose.
- Leave for ten to fifteen minutes to let the pepper boil.
- Add magii one/ two cubes depending on how it tastes
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add the shredded cabbage
- Cool for seven to ten more minutes
Cabbage soup is ready to be served
Cabbage soup can be served with rice or spaghetti 😋
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave a comment
contact me: email@example.com